This has not been my best week. I am not feeling like the self I want to be or know I can be. I want to get a good night sleep, eat healthy food with less sugar, exercise and read my scriptures. And get out of my bad mood week caused by focusing on all the negative in my life and forgetting all the positive that so abundantly exists!
My Garrett must know that his mommy needs a little encouragement and extra love. Yesterday as he said the morning prayer he said," Heavenly Father thank you for my mommy. I love her. " I was so frustrated and crazy getting kids out the door for school. When he said those words my heart melted. My grumpy heart seemed to smile. As the day went on I noticed every time I started to feel frazzled I would hear Garrett say, "Mommy, I love you!" He said it several times throughout the day. Each time was like a dose of medicine for me. I wondered how he knew I needed to know that he loved me. Maybe he just liked how it put a smile on my face. As he ran out the door to visit Carter he yelled, "MOM DID YOU CATCH IT???" I looked up from loading dishes to see Garrett at the door blowing kisses to me! This is why I wanted this job I said to myself. Sometimes I forget to count my blessings! So this is me counting them 1. Dawson 2. Mckennah 3. Cecily 4. Garrett 5. Baby Blake!

5 comments:
That was a GOOD post! Thanks for being so real. Thanks for telling us cute things about Garret so we can get more excited to see him!
(so so so love that you are blogging!)
Can you send me Garrett for a week or so???
xoxo
Ahhhh. That is so sweet. I hope Reggie is as sweet as your boys when he gets big.
Hope your week is getting better for you.
What a great Kid!! He knows he has a great mom! love ya, Brooke
Post a Comment